3.99 gig limit in Windows 98 SE...

6 replies [Last post]
East_village_guy

Anyone know how to get around that yet?

Windows says it's not windows, it's Dazzle/Fast.

Ron.

dpalomaki

A previous poster indicated that Release 1.6 of FAST.forward will automatically split long captures into separate files. User just selects the file size at which to do the split.

Mike D

Oh, and it is Windows.. Fat32 filesystem will only allow up to 4gb files no matter what the type.

East_village_guy

quote:Originally posted by Mike D:
Oh, and it is Windows.. Fat32 filesystem will only allow up to 4gb files no matter what the type.

I think what they mean is that even though windows fat32 will only allow 3.99 gig, fast will place seperate 3.99 gig peices next to each other without capture having to be restarted, you know just like when you put two clips together in fast and start from the first, they play consecutively with and glitches...Ron.

East_village_guy

quote:Originally posted by East_village_guy:
I think what they mean is that even though windows fat32 will only allow 3.99 gig, fast will place seperate 3.99 gig peices next to each other without capture having to be restarted, you know just like when you put two clips together in fast and start from the first, they play consecutively with no glitches...Ron.

dpalomaki

Ron. I see you reposted to correct a typo. FWIW, you can also edit your post by clicking on the edit (pencil/pad) icon after you have logged on, as I just did.

Don

[This message has been edited by dpalomaki (edited 15 April 2001).]

Mike D

Oh.. ron.. I know that. I have the latest software that allows multiple file capture to get around the limitation. I was just noting that the limitation was a windows fat32 limitation, and not a Fast/Dazzle one.