Kodak DX3700-battery 'bug'?

6 replies [Last post]
PerryMitchell

I thought now that we are getting our cameras, we could discuss the product itself!

The first few times I removed the camera from the charger and turned it on, it flashed a red light at me. I discovered it was 'reset' by reseating the battery pack. It now seems to have settled down and I suspect it was a battery 'bug' as it built up a charge capacity over several cycles.

As an aside, any guesses as to what the apparent mechanical event just after switching on represents?

johnpr98

Perry

You will need to charge the camera at least twice in sucession.

After transferring the pictures, remove & resit the camera in the docking tray + switch the camera off.

Some say to charge the included batteries in a NIMH charger to get better performance, I haven't needed to do this myself.

I don't think you are supposed to charge ordinary NIMH batteries in the docking station either.

The firmare upgrade is recommended for better battery performance.

Regards

John Price
http://www.johnpr98.com

johnpr98

If you have any Forum Suggestions please post them here

Shakey

Quote: As an aside, any guesses as to what the apparent mechanical event just after switching on represents?

Could this be the auto focus setting itself? Just a guess.

Martin

------------------
Martin Shakeshaft

www.martinshakeshaft.com
Latest Project
www.vivasort.com

johnpr98

I just had a listen now, quite a grunt!

This seems to be normal?

Regards

John Price
http://www.johnpr98.com

johnpr98

If you have any Forum Suggestions please post them here

Keitht

Well, if you insist on buying kit on the cheap you have to expect problems !!

------------------
Regards

Keith

Regards Keith

PerryMitchell

After some more research with users in the USA, it appears the problem I had with the batteries is common. Apparently the camera makes very high current demands on the battery at certain times, and if it doesn't get what's required then it shuts down.
The firmware upgrade is the biggest current eater, one poor soul has tried 10 times and still hasn't made it!

davem

The "Important Charging Information" leaflet included with my pack forewarned me about this problem, so I kept an eye on the camera during initial charging. I found it would only charge for about 15 minutes before 'going green'. So after about 10 charging sessions I started playing with my new toy. After one trial photo (which wasn't one of my best as I forgot to take off the lens cover ), I got the 5 blinks and the camera shut down with low battery. Finally sorted after removing the battery pack and reseating it.

Dave