Laptop DVD copying - Matshita UJ-845D...

1 reply [Last post]
colesy

I am having problems with my Matshita UJ-845D drive on my laptop. In a nutshell, I am not bothered about the speed of the drive's reading / writing capacity but what is important to me is being able to copy DVD's for work (no piracy!).:confused:

Example:- I recently was able to copy - using NTICD (Arcade) - a DVD+R onto a DVD+RW. No major problems - nice and straight forward. By the way, the DVD's are Imation. Now, I am having problems recording from an Imation DVD-R onto either an Imation DVD+RW and DVD-RW (the latter I purchased a box of yesterday).

To my complete annoyance now they aren't working!:mad:

The error message I am getting is to do with compatibility, using both Arcade and now Nero 7. I have even copied the DVD image onto my C: drive to try and copy this info directly onto DVD. Same error message rearing its head.

I thought that it could be a problem with Firmware - and having read a fair bit this morning on the net, it is apparent that there isn't an upgrade for this type of drive available (prove me wrong and make my day!)

Can anyone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong? It can't be a simple case of poor quality blank DVD-R/RW+R/RW's, can it?

Many thanks,
Rich

harlequin
harlequin's picture

http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=35677

someone with similar problems.

there is no new firmware for that drive , so you are stuck.

If it is supposed to write to dvd-r and it isn't , take the machine back to the supplier and ask them to sort it.

Gary MacKenzie

sepulce@hotmail.com ( an account only used for forum messages )

Thinkserver TS140 , 750ti Graphics card  & LG 27" uws led backlight , Edius 8

Humax Foxsat HD Pvr / Humax Fox T2 dvbt