QuickTime Con!

5 replies [Last post]
J Hinchley

Following the publication of my Message Board entry in the April 1999 issue, I was eagerly awaiting the promised QuickTime 3 Pro - worth $30!

Low and behold, today a CD popped through my letterbox, from Apple Computer UK Ltd.
I opened the packet, and inside is a CD-ROM with 'QuickTime 3 - The standard for digital video' on the cover. (Just like the picture in the CV magazine)
Yippee! At last, I thought, it's here.
OK, so lets have a look and see what marvels are in store with this 'free' $30 software.

To my utter surprise and disappointment, all I find is a copy of QuickTime 3 (which I already have with Adobe Premiere) with a nice little Internet connection 'Get QuickTime Pro 3'. There's also a load of other bits and pieces of third party stuff and information on what QuickTime is, and can do, BUT NO QUICKTIME PRO 3!

It appears that if I really do want this 'free' $30 software (which is what I thought was coming) I'll have to hand over $30 or its equivalent in Sterling using my credit card.

Come on, what’s the gag!

Do we really get this software, or is it a load of old bull**** just to encourage people to write in?

Do you guys at CV know what is coming out to your readers?

Jeremy (most disappointed) Hinchley

bcrabtree

Who got out of the wrong side of the bed, then?
Wherever you get QT3 from, all that's needed to convert it to pro is a pass word.

This SHOULD have come in the pack. Please check to see whether there is a slip in there with the required code.

If it's not there, I'm sorry. Naturally, I'll get it sorted. Just email me, with your postal address (merely as a cross-check), and I'll ensure that the relevant code is sent to you.

Oh, and I really would suggest that you don't let things like this get to you so much - you'll have a heart attack or get right up people's noses, or both.

Bob C
email: bcrabtree@cix.co.uk

J Hinchley

Thanks Bob,

I will email my details, since there is not a password in the pack, or CD box.

Apologies for the tone if it seemed a bit harsh, but it was not meant to be!

Jeremy

tez

Hi

Received quicktime cd .No slip with password on though. Could you please email me mine.
Cheers Bob.

Regards tez

Celeron p333. ibm 7200 10gb HD, 128 Sdram,Marvel g200,SBLive Retail

Craig Fisher

I was keen on this quick time software as I had message published. (Most Exiting). I remember somebody saying that it took a while so I am still waiting patiently.

bcrabtree

Please don't wait - email me your address and details of when (and where) your comments were published.

I'll then forward them to Apple.

Bob C
My email is
bcrabtree@cix.co.uk