For Sale: Panasonic HPX301E Camera and accessories (including 2x64Gb P2 cards)

2 replies [Last post]
itlvideo
Hi 

I have for sale my Panasonic HPX301E professional P2 camcorder plus accessories. All kit listed below (except tripod plate) is in unmarked, as new (other than use) condition.

The sale comprises:
  • The camera, which was purchased new in 2010 and has seen very light use from me. Total operational hours 207. Actual recording hours considerably less than this, but the diagnostic screen does not break down usage. Opinions on this camera have been polarised from day one. Suffice it so say that in the right environment (i.e. not very low light) it is exceptional. AVC Intra Codec, 10bit, 4:2:2 colorspace makes it particularly suitable for any footage that requires colour grading or green screen applications. It has excellent weight and balance. The camera can also shoot legacy DVC Pro formats and SD DV. It is switchable between 50/60 Hz with multiple framerates so there is no market you can't support. The camera has a V-Lok plate on the back as I have always owned IDX batteries, but this can be removed if you use Anton Bauer. The User Guide is in excellent condition - not all dog-eared etc.
  • Sony short shotgun 1-542-296 microphone with foam cover.
  • 2x64Gb P2 cards. These are E Series cards but have seen a very low number of cycles and have years of life left in them. They can store 128 minutes of top quality AVC Intra 100 footage, or considerably more at lower resolutions.
  • 2xIDX Endura 50 batteries. 14.4 volts, 48Wh - these batteries can be piggybacked to provide longer run times. I've had these a few years but they still retain a good charge. Unfortunately I am not selling a charger as I still need this, but 3rd party chargers are cheap enough on eBay.
  • Sony VCT-14 tripod plate. This obviously has signs of use as I've used it with a few cameras, but it is 100% operationally perfect.
  • Kata CCC-1a bag. 

I am selling only because the equipment is not receiving enough use in my ownership.

I have the original packaging as well as the Kata bag. Some photos below. Please note the tripod, lens controller and matte box in the final picture are not included in the sale - but do serve to indicate how professional this rig can look.

I would prefer not to split this equipment as the camera really needs to be sold with the media cards. I'd consider selling the camera in isolation in the event that anybody was interested in this.

I've priced the above new (using HPX370 and 1xIDX Endura 10 for comparison as HPX300 and IDX Endura 50 no longer available) from the ProAV website and it comes to £8100. The P2 media alone is worth close to £1k. I am open to offers in and around a £4000 ballpark. Would prefer to sell to knowledgable people on here rather than suffer the pain of the "do you ship to Bulgaria?" and the "what is the Buy it Now price?" eBay experience if at all possible. 

Any questions please ask.

Thanks

Simon

MAGLINK
Re: For Sale: Panasonic HPX301E Camera and accessories ...
Still a great useable camera and I use my own HPX301 as much today as I did three years ago, this is a good deal and it will serve anyone well for SD and HD at 720 and 1080 at up to AVC Intra 100.

It should still have three years panasonic warranty on it and I just wish I had the cash available to get another one. 
itlvideo
Re: For Sale: Panasonic HPX301E Camera and accessories ...
Now listed on eBay, starting at 99p and with NO Reserve. Am confident that it will go for something sensible, but somebody might get an extreme bargain.

7 day listing, so it ends 1115 on 4 November.