URGENT: DV300 SCSI cable

4 replies [Last post]
Unicorn

Does anyone out there have a DV300 connected to a SCSI disk? If so, where did you get the cable (note: I bought mine second hand, so maybe Pinnacle supplied a cable but I didn't get it)!?!?!?! So far I've been unable to find any kind of cable for sale with the very-high-density connector used on the card, aside from a $55 68->68 adaptor cable on Adaptec's US web site... which isn't much help as I need a 68->50 anyway.

Why is SCSI always such a pain in the bum?

P4-3.06/2GB RAM/2500GB IDE/SATA. Avid Media Composer, Liquid Edition, Premiere 6, Lightwave, Vue 6, eyeon Fusion 5. DV and HDV editing/compositing.

Unicorn

Well, Pinnacle -- after passing me around three different people and finally to the 25p-a-minute support line -- have sent me to a German web site (intos.de) which seems to have the adaptor that I need; however, it does seem rather bizarre that to connect a standard SCSI peripheral to a card which advertises itself as a combined Firewire and SCSI controller I have to get cables from another country.

If anyone knows of a supplier in the UK, it would still be appreciated.

P4-3.06/2GB RAM/2500GB IDE/SATA. Avid Media Composer, Liquid Edition, Premiere 6, Lightwave, Vue 6, eyeon Fusion 5. DV and HDV editing/compositing.

Unicorn

Ok, I found Bob's comment about homestead.co.uk in my other SCSI thread and they had the right cable (and for 40 quid, whereas the only other British site I found wanted over a hundred!), so I've ordered it from them. I'm still far from impressed with Pinnacle...

Anyway, for any other DV300 owners who want a SCSI cable, here's the page:

http://www.homestead.co.uk/prodg/scsi10g.htm

Peter L

For what it's worth now, may be too late. The DV300 does come with a cable for the SCSI drives but you will need an adaptor if you wish to plug the slower SCSI drives onto the cable.
I obtained mine from Dabs Direct
their reference is WideSCSI HC68F-I50F adaptor
and their part code is DABS24782302 and I think they were about £30 each!
It all works fine if expensive, but I still get jerky playback would you believe?
Peter

Unicorn

Thanks... I now have the cable... but turns out that the CD-writer I want to connect was broken in transport, so it's off back to Belgium for a replacement! Hopefully I will have it all waiting when I get back from my holiday.

Still, I have to say I was impressed with the Plextor technical support people; for once they were a company who knew what they were talking about, and arranged to courier it back to Belgium and send the replacement to me free of charge.