Video output on HVR-S270e...

8 replies [Last post]
Mick Lown

I may be going, finally, as mad as a fish but I am sure that my HVR-S270 used to output composite, S-video and SDI both to the LCD display and the relevant output connectors. But when I tried to out put to component then the LCD would have to be switched - on the front of the viewfinder bar - to switch off the LCD and out put a valid signal.

For some unkown reason - and I have read the manual and been through every different combination of menu settings, I have even hard reset the unit - I now get video output on the LCD and component but NOT when it's outputting to comp/s-vid etc. I have to turn off the LCD display to enable the comp/s-vid outputs.

What is happening or should I finally iris myself down to black?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best

Mick

DAVE M

a friend has one and has told me that he has a similar problem.

he was filming a panto and sending a camera signal as a relay but could only do this by switching off the LCD finder. Seems a bit weird.

Mick Lown

Doesn't happen on the Z7, though...

DAVE M

yes, I have 7, dunno why they did that.

I wish the 7 was a bit bigger and had proper outputs rather than those daft multiways but that's life!

Mick Lown

My main concern is that I think it has changed from outputting LCD and comp/s-vid to LCD and component . I am SURE it used to output LCD and comp/s-vid but NOT LCD and component.

Could be I am much mistaken...

Barry Hunter

Mine has never outputed to LCD & "S" or Composite, unlike it`s predecessor, DSR250, a real bummer!!! When we do shows & I send a signal to madam`s Z7, I need to have an external monitor showing my shot, the view finder not being ideal when in a theatre enviroment.

Barry Hunter videos4all.org

Mick Lown

I am definitely cracking up, then...

Oh, well. No real surprise...

But I built a whole rack around the fact that it did output comp/"S" with LCD - I liked the fact that you had a built in EFP kit...and I could record a TX all derived from S-video via MX70...etc etc...

My brain itches.

DAVE M

I've never used one, but (it sounds) like you, I have a rack with MX (50) for live feeds and recording.

I chatted to my mate about his 270 and the best solution seemed to be a feed to an external monitor in lieu of the LCD

infocus
Mick Lown wrote:
I am definitely cracking up, then....

Don't give in just yet...... :)

It may be clutching at straws, but think if you may have changed anything else (seemingly unconnected) around the same time. The sort of thing I'm thinking of is such as changing the recording mode from DV to HDV. It's quite conceivable it will output as you thought in DV rec mode, but not HDV.

Otherwise, a call to the dealer you bought it from, or Sony themselves?